Where to Purchase: Kaplan MD
Finish: sheer, buildable lip balm
Roxbury (clear with slight pearl)
Santa Monica (nude with pink undertone)
Beverly (warm-toned nude pink)
Hollywood (brownish brick red)
Melrose (fuchsia plum)
Rodeo (cool-toned burgundy)
Our Rating: 10/10 🙂
- Long lasting – when it wears off, it does not leave patches and wears off evenly
- Minty, slightly tingling plumping effect
- Smooth & lightweight lip color
- Acts as a lip balm and repairs chapped lips
- Protects against sun damage with SPF 30 – major pro! This is rare in lipsticks.
- Packaging is amazing for on-the-go application since the cap is attached to the product.
- These lipsticks are not opaque – they are sheer and leave a light tint to the lips. However the color is buildable!
- The shade “Santa Monica” can very easily wash out people with medium, tan, & deep skin tones.
Michelle’s Favorite Colors: Roxbury (the perfect clear lip balm), Beverly (the perfect nude pink), & Hollywood (brownish brick red)
Susan’s Favorite Colors: Hollywood (brownish brick red), Melrose (fuchsia plum), & Rodeo (cool-toned burgundy)
Want a chance to win all 6 of these lippies?
In order to enter in our giveaway:
1- Follow @themisufix.
2- Like this Photo on Instagram.
3- Tag a friend who loves lipstick.
4- Follow @kaplanmd on Instagram.
This giveaway ends WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9TH.
The winner will be announced on THURSDAY, AUGUST 10TH.
Good luck 🙂
Summer is now in full swing and is my favorite season! It means beach days, rooftop happy hours, pool parties, and unfortunately my least favorite thing – Sweating. Living in NYC and having the privilege of having a nice 15 min walk to work has been great, but in 90-degree weather what seems like a blessing is a curse. Iv tried multiple products on the market that have claimed to be “sweat-proof” or “water-proof” but not everything holds up to their claim. Below is my list of tested products that I have come to love that will help your face stay flawless even during the summer heat!
High Endurance Cosmetics Sweat Pretty Spray ($16.00) – This is a must have! It keeps my make up in place! Sweat and pool water are no threat when it comes to this spray.
Sweat Cosmetics Twist-Brush + Translucent Mineral Powder ($42.00) – Typically when I sweat and have regular powder on it becomes patchy. This powder withstands sweat and heat! However, my only issue with this is the packaging. I am not a fan of the twist brush. The product itself works great!
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer ($25.00) – Our holy grail for under eye circles. This concealer truly withstands the test of water and sweat. It is the only concealer I will ever need. Ready my post on how I use it here!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz ($21.00) – Another one of our holy grail products. My brows stay in place at the gym and through hot days! One thing to note is that this is product is not 100% waterproof and will wash off in the pool.
Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara ($20.00) – Another one of our holy grail products. This mascara will not leave you with runny black tears!
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ($20.00) – Favorite liquid lipstick ever! Stays on through sweat, oily foods, and kisses 😉
Also known as My Favorite Lip Product Of The Summer!
Where to buy: ColourPop
My Rating: 5/5 View Post
Also known as the Ultra HD “not-so-matte” Matte Lip Color…
Where to buy: Ulta
(has frequent buy one, get one 50% off sales)
My Rating: 3/5
I like the Ultra HD Lip Colors, but they fall short on the “matte” claims. I prefer my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks if I need bulletproof lip color! View Post
Having been a gel polish addict for months, I finally kicked the habit last October (8 months ago) in hopes that my weak nails would grow long and strong again. The past 8 months however has been a struggle to get my nails back to the condition they were in pre gel wearing days. No matter what I did – use nail strengthener, rubbed oil on them, ate vitamins, they never returned to the same condition they were in! Its been so frustrating since my nails would peel and crack and wouldn’t grow past a certain length. Recently I discovered Perfect Formula’s Pink Gel Coat and have never looked back! My nails are now long and healthy and I couldn’t be happier with the results! My full review and how to use it is below!
Available at: Amazon ($23) & Sephora ($30)
HOW TO USE IT :
- Clean nails with nail polish remover
- File and shape nails
- Apply a thin coat of the Perfect Formula’s Pink Gel Coat onto your clean and dry nails
- Repeat weekly
- Use as a base coat under your favorite nail polish for stronger nails
WHY I LOVE IT:
- Brightens and strengthens nails
- Makes the whites of your nails looks whiter and healthier
- Makes your nail beds look brighter
- Helps your nails grow long and strong
- Prevents peeling and cracking
- Brought my weak nails that wouldn’t grow back to life!
Even though this product is at a higher price point it is worth every penny!! I can’t recommend this enough for anyone who is looking to grow their nails out or is a recovering gel polish addict like me 🙂
MY RATING: 10/10