The Becca Backlight Priming Filter ($38.00/1 oz) is a beautiful primer infused with luminescent pearls that gives your skin a soft-focused, blurring effect. Your skin will glow with what looks like a natural radiance when wearing this under foundation, mixed with foundation, or even sans foundation! I’ve been eyeing this product for a few months now, so I was excited to receive a deluxe sample of it in my June Sephora Play box. I’m happy to say I was not disappointed!
However, when I first swatched the Backlight Priming Filter, I immediately knew the Lune + Aster RealGlow primer ($30.00/1.7 oz) was a dupe for it. They are so similar that I wouldn’t be able to tell them apart if it weren’t for the packaging. And for almost twice the amount of product at a lower price (the Becca primer would cost around $64 for 1.7 oz), I think I’ll stick with the Lune+Aster primer!
Read my thoughts and view swatches below 🙂
- Luminous effect – both blend out translucently to give your skin a subtle glow that diffuses minor imperfections.
- Consistency – both are non-sticky and lightweight.
- Ingredients – both contain good-for-you ingredients such as Vitamin E and Licorice Extract.
- Scent – these two primers smell exactly the same!
- Color – the Becca primer is a slight golden beige color while Lune+Aster leans more cool-toned. However, when blended out, they are translucent on the skin minus the sheen (shown below).