The Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio is a kit of 3 blendable cream sticks for easy contour and highlight. Make up beginners who are looking for a way to learn how to contour and highlight will find these sticks easy to use and a gateway into the world of sculpted cheekbones and chiseled faces. However, even though the kit is named ‘step-by-step’ experts alike may also find themselves loving this trio due to the
Swatches on Medium/Tan skin ( Contour, Bronze, Highlight)
What I loved:
- Packaging: 3 easy to use sticks that can be taken anywhere and stored without a mess.
- Texture: The sticks are creamy and blendable.
- Tools: This kit comes with a sharpener so you do not have to worry about purchasing one.
- Finish: These sticks have a matte finish which is ideal for contour. The tones of the colors are also very neutral and not brassy or orange which I love!
What I didn’t love:
- Colors: I found that these sticks would work on light to medium skin tones. If you are tan, the darkest contour color may not be dark enough for you.
- Price: While the packaging is convenient, you do pay the price for it. $45 for 3 sticks is quite pricey when many contour palettes come with 6 shades and are priced at $40-50.
MY RATING: 7/10