Also known as the Ultra HD “not-so-matte” Matte Lip Color…
Where to buy: Ulta
(has frequent buy one, get one 50% off sales)
My Rating: 3/5
I like the Ultra HD Lip Colors, but they fall short on the “matte” claims. I prefer my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks if I need bulletproof lip color!
- 100% wax-free gel formula is plush and creamy on the lips.
- Doe-foot applicator makes application easier.
- Smells like Bubbalicious gum & cupcakes!
- Comfortable to wear – did not accentuate dry lips or flake.
- Beautiful range of nudes, pinks, reds, magentas, & plums.
- It is definitely NOT matte! They are like a blend of a lipstick and a lip gloss. At first, it is very wet and slippery. In about 2-3 hours, it sets to a satin/stain.
- Long-lasting only if you don’t eat or drink. It is very easy to wipe off (which is a con for real life, but a pro for lip swatching videos LOL)
- The formula is not consistent throughout the shades. Seduction, Spark, & Infatuation were very streaky, whereas Addiction, Obsession, & Intensity were fully pigmented with just one swipe.
Check out some swatches of the Ultra HD Lip Colors on our Instagram 🙂
On medium, yellow-toned skin
(not swatched: Temptation, Flirtation, Love,
Crush, Embrace, Kisses, Forever, Romance)
*sheer at first, needs several layers to achieve full opacity
Mauve-pink with berry undertones
Deep, neutral red
*needs several layers to achieve full opacity