Makeup sponges have long been used to create the look of flawless and perfectly blended make up. The BeautyBlender is known by the makeup community as THE make up sponge to use. However, at $20 a sponge it is not the most economical for something that that needs to be replaced every few months.
Recently I have become a huge fan of Real Techniques tools and I just had to test out their Miracle Complexion Sponge to see if it is a true dupe for the BeautyBlender. Check out my thoughts below! And check out our review for another BeautyBlender “dupe” here!
Claims: “It’s a 3-in-1 multi-functional makeup sponge by Real Techniques. The rounded side blends larger areas of the face. The precision tip covers blemishes/imperfections and the flat edge contours around the eyes and the nose, leaving you with a complexion that’s smooth, enhanced and gorgeous”
Where to purchase: Ulta
- Price: $6.99 for 1 sponge at Ulta or $10.99 for a set of 2. Definitely go for the 2!
- Functionality: The tip of the sponge blends concealer flawlessly while the flat end blends foundation seamlessly.
- Value: I use this sponge everyday and switch it out for a new one every 2 months. The amount of usage that I get from this single tool is amazing.
- Size: Slightly larger than the beauty blender when wet. It is the perfect size for holding and I prefer it over the BeautyBlender
- Texture: The texture seems to be a little softer and a tad less dense than the BeautyBlender. I like this texture better as I feel it feels better on my face and it is easier to blend out product.
- Shape: Although not a huge deal I prefer and LOVE the shape of the BeautyBlender. The tear drop shape is so perfect for blending foundation on the rounded side.
- Color: This does not affect the performance of the sponge however it ONLY comes in orange. I love that the BeautyBlender offers you a variety of color choices (Pink, Black, Nude, White)
The Real Techniques Miracle Sponge is a great sponge for those who don’t want to spend a ton of money on the BeautyBlender! Even though the shapes and textures are slightly different they work in similar ways. I actually prefer the texture of the miracle complexion sponge over the BeautyBlender and the price makes it even more attractive. I have completely replaced by BeautyBlender with this dupe and I challenge you to do the same!
And check out our review for another BeautyBlender “dupe” here!