When I heard that the Micro Brow Pencil could possibly be a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, I just had to try it out! The Brow Wiz has been our ride or die brow pencil (read Susan’s review here) for many years. But is it possible another pencil can compare at half the price? Check out what we think!
Size: 0.003 oz
Claims: “Build full beautiful brows with our ultra-thin Micro Brow Pencil. So precise it coats even the finest hairs with color for a natural-looking finish.”
Shades available: 8 colors (Taupe, Blonde, Auburn, Chocolate, Soft Brown, Chocolate, Ash Brown, Brunette, Expresso, and Black)
- Value: $10 is a steal! It’s half the price of the Anastasia Brow Wiz and has the same amount of product. Most of the time I buy 2 from Ulta during a buy 1 get 1 half off sale for NYX (which is basically offered ALL the time). In addition, Ulta ALWAYS has coupons which are $3.50 off $10. Many times I have bought 2 pencils for less than $13 – which is such a steal!!
- Formulation: the consistency is a little waxier and firmer than that of the ABH brow wiz. For me this is definitely a pro. It holds your brows in place and gives it a nicer finish. The thin pencil-like end makes it easy to pencil in your brows perfectly and the spooly helps blend in the product.
- Convenience: I love that this brow pencil is self sharpening. I hate having to carry around a pencil sharpener with the mess it comes with. This is perfect for on-the-go and easy to carry around!
- Variety of Shades: while NYX does have 8 shades available, most of them are warm toned browns. When I look for a brow pencil, I need a cool toned dark brown and NYX just doesn’t have many options. I use the Ash Brown shade for NYX brow pencil and the medium brown for ABH brow wiz. I just wish NYX made a comparable shade to the medium brown ABH brow wiz when I am desiring a more defined brow.
- Longevity: It lasts for most of the day, but not as long as the ABH brow pencil. If I plan on going out after work a touch up is needed!
The NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a great dupe for the ABH Brow Pencil! I use it everyday and have replaced my Brow Wiz for this cheaper option. I do not think it a perfect dupe as it does not last as long during the day and there aren’t as many colors, but to me it’s a small price to pay. Since I have found the color that works for me this pencil is perfect. However, for Susan, the colors are still a little warm and red toned for her which is why she prefers the ABH pencil. I recommend everyone who loves the ABH Brow Wiz to give this brow pencil a try and let us know what you think!
FINAL RATING: 9/10