Contouring has quickly become one of our favorite makeup techniques so we’re always on the hunt for products that will give us perfectly chiseled cheeks. We’ve tried contouring products from so many different brands, but we can’t seem to get enough of Anastasia Beverly Hills’ incredible line of cosmetics. Today we’re reviewing the ABH Powder Contour Kit. We previously reviewed the cream version of this kit and loved it! But did we love the powder version?? Read our thoughts below!
Size: 6 shades x 0.11 oz of each
Customizable: each powder shade is removable, and refills are available for individual purchase on the ABH website
Michelle tried the kit in light to medium. It included the shades:
- Vanilla, Banana, Sand, Java, Fawn, Havana
Susan tried a custom kit. These can be purchased on the ABH website for $40. It included the shades:
- Banana, Ash Brown, Earth, Java, Fawn, Havana
It is also available in medium to tan and deep
(dry-combo, medium to tan skin)
- Formulation: I am able to achieve a very natural contoured look. Since the formula is dry I not have to worry about it being messy in my makeup bag or spilling anywhere.
- Longevity: It lasts all day however I do feel like it fades and needs to be reapplied if worn longer than 6 hours.
- Value: I use all of the colors except Vanilla and Sand. As for the size of the pans I have been using this kit for over 5 months and have not hit pan on a single color!
- Convenience: I am away always on the go and living out of my makeup bag. It is so convenient for me to carry around this kit! I use the Banana shade to set my under eye, fawn to contour my nose, and java and havana as bronzing shades
- Highlight Colors: Vanilla and Sand are useless colors to me. They do not show up on my medium olive skin. Sand has some shimmer to it but not shimmery enough to be considered a highlight shade for me.
TOP: Banana, Ash Brown, Earth
BOTTOM: Java, Fawn, Havana
(oily-combo, light to medium skin)
- Formulation: These powders are so buttery and blendable! I love that I can get a natural or dramatic contoured look with the shades in my palette.
- Longevity: It lasts over 6 hours without fading on me, though it can turn patchy after that if I’m in a hot and humid climate.
- Value: Since this is a customized palette, I knew exactly what I was getting: for $40, I chose 1 highlighting shade and 5 contouring shades. However, I don’t think I would love this kit as much if I had purchased one of the pre-made choices!
- No mirror, can get dirty very easily.
We’re big fans of the powder contour kit! However, we highly recommend purchasing a customized version in order to get your money’s worth. We’re not huge fans of the highlighting shades, so we also recommend skipping those for a broader range of contour shades. Overall, this kit receives our stamp of approval for either beginners or seasoned makeup experts!
Final rating: 9/10