Every so often I come across a product that makes me question how I ever did my makeup without it. These products are so amazing that I can’t ever imagine using anything else because they do their job so well. Cue Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills. What did I even use to fill in my brows before Brow Wiz?? I have no idea and there’s no way I’m going back!
Size: 0.003 oz
Claims: “This ultra-slim mechanical pencil flawlessly outlines brows and fills in sparse or over-tweezed areas. Neither too soft nor too firm, the retractable tip glides effortlessly to mimic natural hair and create the illusion of texture.”
Shades available: 9 colors (Taupe, Caramel, Auburn, Medium Brown, Soft Brown, Chocolate, Dark Brown, Ebony, Granite) – see below to find your shade!
Made without: parabens, sulfates, phthalates
- Variety of shades: Brow Wiz has a great selection of cool-toned and warm-toned shades. I personally don’t like a lot of red in my brow products, so this is definitely a huge selling point since ABH caters to those who prefer a cooler-toned brow. Swatched above is the shade “Ebony,” which is what I use. Although in the chart below it’s shown as best suited for warm-toned hair, I find it to be the perfect dark brown-black shade without any obvious red in it.
- Formulation: the consistency is drier/firmer than some other pencils I’ve tried, but it’s still creamy/soft enough for me to use it comfortably. The firmness allows for controlled strokes that look very natural and the softness makes it more pigmented and easier to blend in.
- Functionality: Brow Wiz is marketed as a self-sharpening pencil, and I can vouch for this claim! The actual brow product is very thin, which I love because I prefer a very precise application. It also comes with a spooly on the other end of the pencil. After filling in my brows, I use the spooly to blend the product with my hairs for a natural finish.
- Value: $21 for a product I repurchase about 3-5 times a year is pricy. It runs out so quickly for two main reasons: 1) the creamy consistency and 2) how often I use it (almost everyday).
- Longevity: this isn’t a huge con for me, but it’s something I should address. I have oily-combo skin, so most of my makeup melts off by the end of the day. Brow Wiz will stay put, unless I touch my brows towards the 6-7 hour wear mark. When the formula mixes with oil, it will definitely smear (as most makeup products will). But it’s not a dealbreaker for me since I’m never actively trying to touch my brows!
Anastasia Beverly Hill’s Brow Wiz is a staple in my makeup routine. The price is a little steep, but I haven’t found another brow pencil that matches my natural hairs as perfectly as “Ebony” does. The formula is also unbeatable in my opinion- not too firm and not too soft. I’m a strong believer in paying extra if the quality is there, and ABH Brow Wiz doesn’t disappoint! I totally recommend this product.
Final Rating: 10/10
***I know some people prefer a drier formula and/or a cheaper alternative. Read our post on what Michelle believes is a comparable dupe to the Brow Wiz here!